Thursday, April 10, 2014

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


About The Heartbleed Bug

Posted: 10 Apr 2014 07:25 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2014-04-10 at 8.33.39 AMAs you may have heard, a major vulnerability in internet encryption was discovered this week. Upon learning of the vulnerability the SquidTeam worked quickly to close the loophole, and our affected servers were upgraded Tuesday evening.

We have not detected any malicious behavior as a result of this potential vulerability. However, as an added precaution we encourage you to change your Squidoo password.

You can read more about this “Heartbleed” vulnerability at http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/04/08/security-flaw-emphasizes-the-need-to-change-passwords/.

In general, it’s a really good idea to use a different password for every site you use online. If you use the same password, that means that if it’s been exposed in one place, you ought to change it everywhere.

If you have any further questions please feel free to reach out.

Introducing Lionrhod

Posted: 10 Apr 2014 06:15 AM PDT

lionrhod on SquidooToday we’re pleased to introduce you to RocketSquid lionrhod.

How did you find Squidoo? How did I find Squidoo and RocketSquids? You know, I’m really not sure now. It was just a weird convergence in my life. Maybe a month ago I could have told you how it happened exactly. Something, some website or something brought me to Squidoo and I said, what on Earth is this? And from there there was somehow a link to RocketSquids, and an invitation to join.

It has been monumental in my growth as a writer. In my coming into my own being. In the space of a short time I have felt inspired, driven and called. And all because of an amazing community of fabulous people who gave me prompts and encouraged me.

Of the lenses you’ve made so far, which is your favorite and why? I don’t really have a favorite lens of mine. My favorite is the NEXT one. Every next one that I am intrigued and encouraged to write.

What one tip would you give to a new lensmaster starting out? Open your heart and write your heart. Know that you will be embraced. Sounds crazy and esoteric, maybe. But just write true and from your heart and that truth of you will touch others.

You'll find more from Lionrhod when you visit her lensmaster page, including her recent Lens of the Day, How I Uncovered a Dirty Family Secret and Found My Uncle.

Lens of the Day: Your Balcony Garden

Posted: 10 Apr 2014 05:41 AM PDT

Fullofshoes is the “New England Road Trip” Contributor

Posted: 09 Apr 2014 12:09 PM PDT

ourroadToday we’d like to introduce you to fullofshoes.  She’s our “New England Road Trip” Contributor.

Tell us a little bit about your niche topic.
Back in the early days of my career I was the unofficial “designated tour guide” when employees came in from out-of-town. Most often requested was a tour around Boston with occasional requests for recommendations and directions to more scenic areas; I was always happy to oblige.

Lucky for me and ultimately for them, I’d done my share of travel in and around all 6 of the New England States from the time I was old enough for my folks to take for rides in the car.

Even now I’m asked where to go and what to do when folks want to visit. The internet has made it so easy for people to explore the region from the comfort of their own living room so my map reading services are less in demand but I’m always available for lost souls who don’t like asking the gas station attendant “which way to I go?”

Tell us about the moment you fell in love with your topic. Was it an immediate thing or did it happen over time?
I’ve lived in New England all my life and when it comes to travel and exploration, I inherited my parents’ wanderlust and penchant for learning. I think road tripping and exploring just happened over time; it’s been a way of life.

Exploring New England is one of my passions but I’ve also been lucky enough to travel throughout the United States by plane, car, and bus — never afraid to go anywhere, but always happy to return home.

Who had the most influence in your life?
My parents of course… they loved to be on the go and weren’t afraid to jump in the car and just take off. Every summer we took the mandatory 1 week vacation and there was always to another place in New England to explore … that we’ve never been before.

I had an old boss that also influenced my love of travel. He sent me here there and everywhere which served to feed my need to be off and running.

You can also find fullofshoes at the following sites:
New England Road Trip
New England Road Trip on Pinterest
New England Road Trip on Facebook

Fullofshoes invites you to visit and share a review at Review 50 Contemporary Movies, Set and Filmed in New England.

No comments:

Post a Comment