Friday, April 18, 2014

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Introducing AtlantaGeorgia

Posted: 18 Apr 2014 06:05 AM PDT

Lensmaster AtlantaGeorgia on SquidooToday, meet new lensmaster and RocketSquid AtlantaGeorgia.

How did you find Squidoo? I had been looking for ways I could make healthier substitutes in my diet. During my pursuit I found a great site about using applesauce when cooking. This site was a Squidoo lens. I had bookmarked it and visited it a few times while I was making my grocery lists and cooking. One day I started exploring more lenses and that’s when I realized I too wanted to share some of my favorite stories, recommendations, etc. I signed up for Squidoo and began thinking about what to write for my first lens.

Of the lenses you’ve made so far, which is your favorite and why? This is tough because I’ve only made a few and each one I learned something new. My lens about one of my favorite beverages, The Scarlet O’ Hara, was a lot of fun to make. It was a RocketSquid challenge and an opportunity to incorporate some of the tips I had been reading about. It was also nice to reminisce about one of my trips to Savannah where I first tried The Scarlet O’ Hara.

What one tip would you give to a new lensmaster starting out? The Squidoo community has a wealth of valuable information. I started focusing on the “3 Habits of Highly Successful Squids.” I was a bit nervous writing my first lens…I was still figuring out my writing style, what I wanted to write about, and how to create a visually appealing lens. Writing my first few lenses were much easier when I just focused on these 3 tips.

Visit AtlantaGeorgia’s profile where you’ll learn more about her and find her recipe for The Scarlett O Hara.

If you’re new to Squidoo, with fewer than 25 lenses, apply to join RocketSquids where you’ll find the “3 Habits of Highly Successful Squids” post mentioned above and lots more tips and challenges to help you travel along the road from newbie to Giant Squid. We’d love to have you!

Lens of the Day: How To Make A Play House Out Of A Cardboard Box

Posted: 18 Apr 2014 05:11 AM PDT

We want to share you on Tumblr!

Posted: 17 Apr 2014 12:07 PM PDT

I’m pretty excited to share two new Tumblr pages that we created to share out your content. Check these out…

Screen Shot 2014-04-17 at 2.42.56 PM

Follow us at: What Cooking at Squidoo

We’re showing off your food and cooking lenses. Here’s what we need to share a lens…nice big and clear photos of the food you’re making. The nice the photo the better and you can use your cell phone to take awesome pics.

Here is the link to create a Recipe lens: http://www.squidoo.com/new/recipeformat

Screen Shot 2014-04-17 at 3.02.28 PM

Follow us at: Squidoo Reviews

This is a fun one. We’re sharing your reviews about books, music, movies, video games and products and we need a photo of you with the product you’re reviewing. So snap a photo with your cell phone to include with the lens. That makes it much more personal. We’re also looking for fun sharable photos (like Shay’s) or maybe your cat riding the Roomba or Uncle Bob using a Kindle for the first time. Get creative. Be unique. Have fun. PS – That’s my husband in the photo using the deck wrecker tool.

Here is the link to create a Product Review lens: http://www.squidoo.com/new/productformat

So how do you participate?

That’s easy. Just create a lens (with your own photo on it, you must have a personal photo in order to be featured) and submit the lens right here on this form: https://squidoo.wufoo.com/forms/share-a-lens-for-tumblr/. You can submit as many lenses as you want and the best ones will be promoted to the Best of Squidoo too.

One more thing.

Please share these Tumblr pages with your friends, family, co-workers, the mail man (or woman) your neighbor…you get the picture. We want your lenses to go viral and the more people you share with the more exposure you get.

We can’t wait to see what you’ve got to share. Photo bombs welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment