Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


It’s Earth Day! Start Your Celebration Here

Posted: 22 Apr 2014 04:52 AM PDT

Ever since its first celebration back in 1970, Earth Day has become a global event to demonstrate support for environmental protection. Are you looking for ways to celebrate our planet today?

Listed here, you’ll find a few ideas to help get you started and you’ll find another terrific Earth Day lens featured as today’s Lens of the Day.

Before you run off to read all of these terrific lenses, tell us in the comments below, how will you be celebrating today?

Green Knitting for Everyone

1. Green Knitting for Everyone

Knitting is an activity that already has low impact on the environment. After all, we just need some pointy sticks and some sort of string/thread/yarn to practice our craft. Our choice of new yarn, however, can help support small farms and green agricultur…

Environmental Chefs Will Love This Compost Stew

2. Environmental Chefs Will Love This Compost Stew

Compost Stew: An A to Z Recipe for the Earth What could be better than an alphabet book for kids for Earth Day? Not a thing, I say! This ABC book for children, written by Mary McKenna Siddals and illustrated by Ashley Wolff, shows readers the way to cookin…

Will We Stop Living Dangerously?

3. Will We Stop Living Dangerously?

On Saturday evening April 13, 2014, I joined some friends for a preview of the new Showtime documentary from James Cameron: Years of Living Dangerously. In this first of nine installments, Cameron chose to focus on three specific aspects of climate change:…

A Great Song for  Your Earth Day Circle Chant

4. A Great Song for Your Earth Day Circle Chant

The Earth is Our Mother is a Native American inspired song with words that fit into the theme of taking care of our planet. Although it is not an authentic Native American song, I would like to respectfully defend its use for Earth Day. What needs to be cr…

Use This Stainless Steel Water Bottle instead of Plastic

5. Use This Stainless Steel Water Bottle instead of Plastic

Why not buy one of these stainless steel water bottles, made by Lifeline, to replace that plastic bottle of water that’s sitting beside you? It seems to me one of the easiest and most cost effective ways to help the environment. I wonder how many of u…

Lens of the Day: Plant the Right Tree the Right Way

Posted: 22 Apr 2014 04:35 AM PDT

Introducing Anonymous831

Posted: 21 Apr 2014 11:11 AM PDT

Anonymous831 on SquidooToday our interview subject is RocketSquid Anonymous831.

How did you find Squidoo? I found Squidoo while doing research online about how to begin my journey as an online writer. After signing up I was a little intimidated but after joining the RocketSquids and navigating around the site a little more, I was totally hooked. The community, mentors, and greeters are wonderful, they help me make my writing the best it can be and thats what I want. I like that I can showcase my photography skills as well as my writing and that Squidoo is a giant supporter of uniqueness.

Of the lenses you’ve made so far, which is your favorite and why? I haven’t written that many lenses yet, but my favorite out of the ones I have is, Learning Kids Photography. This lens represents me as an amatuer photographer and allows others to get to know me a little better. It’s shows my passion for photography as well as the love I feel for children.

What one tip would you give to a new lensmaster starting out? One tip I would give to a new lensmaster is, visit both the SquidooHQ and RocketSquid Forums. They help answer questions, give feedback and you can showcase your lenses there.

Enjoy your visit to anonymous831′s profile page where you’ll learn more and see all of her lenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment