Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Introducing Tracy1973

Posted: 13 May 2014 06:28 AM PDT

Lensmaster Tracy1973 on SquidooAs we continue our Squidoo Debut series today, please say hello to RocketSquid Tracy1973.

How did you find Squidoo? I was introduced to Squidoo by a very good friend. My friend kept nagging me to get on Squidoo, so finally I did and I am really enjoying myself. I have become much more creative and my writing has greatly improved.

Of the lenses you’ve made so far, which is your favorite and why? My favorite lens has to be "Lola, A Human in a Dog's Body". In this lens I discuss how my dog Lola exhibits human behaviors and suffers some of the same emotions as people do. Also, I detail how in tune your pet can become to your own behavior, so if the owner is sick, sad, or nervous, the dog will sense this.

What one tip would you give to a new lensmaster starting out? I would tell all new lens masters to edit, edit, edit and ask others to review their work and offer criticism. There have been times when I did not pick up on an error, but my husband did while he was reading a lens of mine. Editing is so important and I do not think many newbies realize this.

Many thanks to Tracy for the interview! Be sure to visit her profile page and enjoy checking out her full list of lenses.

Lens of the Day: The History of Ancient Plumbing

Posted: 13 May 2014 05:31 AM PDT

plumbingCalling all History Buffs and anyone who likes clean dishes, clothing and bodies.

Today’s Lens of the Day is a fascinating read about something most of us take for granted everyday, running water.

The lens shares comparisons of ancient plumbing to today’s more refined technique for bringing water where it’s needed most.  Go. Learn.

The History of Ancient Plumbing by lensmaster ottoblotto is just one of the interesting lenses you’ll find at Best of Culture on Squidoo.

Get your clean on with Jolie Kerr, Share your story, Win the book.

Posted: 13 May 2014 05:25 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2014-05-13 at 7.47.07 AMThis New York Times Bestseller selling book will leave you in stitches and get your house clean. Jolie Kerr combines expert cleaning tips with laugh out loud humor in My Boyfriend Barfed in My Handbag . . . and Other Things You Can’t Ask Martha.

I had the opportunity to interview Jolie this week via e-mail which was loads (get it…loads) of fun. Sorry, I’ve got laundry on the brain and so will you after you read about soap nuts, sponges and all kinds of stain removal.

So read the interview: An Interview with Jolie Kerr: My Boyfriend Barfed in My Handbag . . . and Other Things You Can’t Ask Martha.

Then create a product review lens about YOUR favorite cleaning product or gadget. Here is the link to create a Product Review lens: http://www.squidoo.com/new/productformat. Review Scrubbing Bubbles or Magic Erasers or that new mop. We want personal stories.

On Monday May 19th we’ll share the entire list of “clean” and one person will win a copy of Jolie’s book.

Submit lenses to bonnie@squidoo.com with CLEAN ME in the title and Tweet your lenses to @bdkz so I can show them off.

An Interview with Niki Jabbour: Groundbreaking Food Gardens

Posted: 12 May 2014 10:51 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 1.27.22 PMI am very excited to introduce you to Niki Jabbour today. Niki's work has also appeared in Fine Gardening, Horticulture, Heirloom Gardener, Gardens East, Garden Making and Canadian Gardening and you can hear her on the radio as the host of The Weekend Gardener.

No comments:

Post a Comment