Saturday, May 17, 2014

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


JaguarJulie is the Comfort Foods Contributor on Squidoo

Posted: 16 May 2014 01:20 PM PDT

comfortfoodscontributorjaguarjulie2Today we’re introducing you to  JaguarJulie.  She’s our Comfort Foods Contributor on Squidoo.

Read on to learn a little bit about her background on this delicious topic.

Tell us a little bit about your niche topic.
I am the Comfort Foods Contributor on Squidoo. You know, all those foods, close to our heart, that bring us comfort? Ask anyone that Squidoos what JaguarJulie’s favorite comfort food is. I would bet they would all get it right! Hey, it is seriously Stuffed Cabbage Rolls – Hungarian Style! I find a “comfort food” does bring me a sense of comfort as it evokes memories from comforting times long past. Those many days, years ago, without computers and cell phones, when families connected. When it was all about time at grandma’s and the holidays and the excitement knowing grandma was making those foods that one day would be your comfort. Sure, it is about the smells, the taste and some nutrition … but it is more about the memories.

Tell us about the moment you fell in love with your topic. Was it an immediate thing or did it happen over time?
Hmmm, that is hard to answer because I always loved my grandma’s cooking. When mom would tell us kids that grandma was making her stuffed cabbage rolls, we would be so excited. Really! It was much like every time I would say the word “treats” to our Bandit the Cat. He would respond with a look and sound that were electric. “YES, please … are you kidding? Gimmee some!” So, I know that I have been buzzing about that comfort food in particular for a lot of years. And, then I was sharing more foods and recipes that bring me comfort. It’s not just the rolls. So, naturally, it seemed to make sense that I was in love with this topic and just needed to declare I was a contributor.

Who had the most influence in your life?
My grandmother Julia Nagy had the most influence in my life. There was a bond there that sustains me today. She worked from the age of ten to support the family. Going through The Great Depression with two young children made her a strong and resourceful woman. Looking back on my time spent with her, I wished she lived a little longer.

When not at Squidoo, you’ll also find JaguarJulie at her Blog,  Jaguar Julie :: Blog On and On … and at Google+.

No comments:

Post a Comment