Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Introducing Healinghands123

Posted: 20 May 2014 05:51 AM PDT

Lensmaster healinghands123 on SquidooWe’re pleased to introduce RocketSquid healinghands123 today. Here’s what we learned about her from our recent interview:

How did you find Squidoo? I found Squidoo by mistake! I wasn’t looking for it, nor had I ever heard of it. I was, however, doing a Google search for something (cannot remember exactly what the topic was) and landed right in Squidoo’s lap. I recall the article being excellently written, so much so, that I was compelled to check out the website. And… here I am!

Of the lenses you’ve made so far, which is your favorite and why? My favorite lens thus far is the one I submitted for the RocketSquid “Tiny Challenge.” It’s called Matlacha – A Tiny Artist Enclave! It was such a colorful place and so much fun to do. It’s ironic since I’m usually a very serious person. Can’t tell you the number of times I’ve heard, “Glenda, lighten up.” I’m a ‘seasoned citizen’ now, so perhaps as I age I’ve learned how to chill.

What one tip would you give to a new lensmaster starting out? My one tip for new lensmasters is easy. Be yourself – not a carbon copy! I’m a minister, and when I preach, I admonish people with this saying all the time; “If you and I were exactly alike, God wouldn’t need one of us!”

Check out healinghands123′s fast-growing list of lenses on her profile page. If you have fewer than 25 lenses and would like to join other movers and shakers on RocketSquids, and perhaps land an interview spot here on SquidooHQ, we’d love to have you! Simply fill out this form to apply.

Lens of the Day: Blackberry Mango Popsicle Recipe

Posted: 20 May 2014 05:41 AM PDT

blackberrymangoAre you ready for the summer?  Have you got all of your ice pop recipes in a row?

Start by visiting today’s Lens of the Day that contains a healthy and very delicious recipe for  a tasty flavor combination.

Blackberry Mango Popsicle Recipe by lensmaster CorinnaJohnson came our way via the first of our Super Summer Recipe Quests, Frozen: The Popsicle Quest on Squidoo.

Have you shared your favorite frozen treat recipe on a new lens yet?  There’s still time.  Check your quests tab now.

PS… The quest lens also has links to all of the recipes we’ve received, so far.  Go check them out.

 

 

Meet Lori Majewski and win a copy of her 80′s New Wave book, Mad World.

Posted: 20 May 2014 05:37 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2014-05-19 at 6.24.51 PMI had the great pleasure of interviewing Lori Majewski about her new book Mad World: An Oral History of New Wave Artists and Songs That Defined the 1980s this week.

Mad World is an epic New Wave adventure that will have fans reminiscing about their own memories. Lori and co-author Jonathan Bernstein interviewed 35 bands from the New Wave era…Adam Ant, Duran Duran, Tears For Fears just to name a few. The artists speak candidly about their work, their journey and what’s happening 30+ years later.

Here’s the interview…

An Interview with Lori Majewski – Mad World: An Oral History of New Wave Artists and Songs That Defined the 1980s

Now it’s your turn…

We want you to tell your own stories about the 80′s New Wave era. There’s a fun challenge at the bottom of the interview. Find out how you can share your own New Wave stories and win a copy of Lori’s book.

An Interview with Mike Speegle: Author of Something Greater Than Artifice

Posted: 19 May 2014 11:23 AM PDT

I recently had the pleasure of interviewing Mike Speegle about the writing of his newest book, Something Greater Than Artifice, which has already been turned into a graphic novel, a stage play and has been musically inspirational as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment