Friday, May 30, 2014

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


9 Fabulous Frozen Treats To Try This Summer

Posted: 30 May 2014 08:08 AM PDT

There’s nothing better than a cool snack on a hot day and when that treat is homemade, oh boy!

Stop by and bookmark each of the following 9 frozen treat recipe lenses so that you’ll be able to find them quickly when the weather heats up.  You can thank me later.

Blackberry Mango Popsicle Recipe

1. Blackberry Mango Popsicle Recipe

The weather is getting hot and summer is almost here which means it’s time to pull out the popsicle molds. This 100% real fruit Blackberry Mango Popsicle Recipe sweetened with honey is super healthy and refreshing. The perfect frozen treat to enjoy on…

Frozen Sorrel Ice Cube Treat

2. Frozen Sorrel Ice Cube Treat

Sorrel is abundant in the Caribbean around Christmas time and then non- existent until Christmas rolls around again. So I am like the ants. I plan ahead and hoard sorrel so that I can enjoy it when it’s out of season, like now. Then the best way to pr…

Two ways to make raspberry ice cream - easy and simple

3. Two ways to make raspberry ice cream – easy and simple

Finding the perfect ice cream recipe has been a long time project for me. Something that I have not been willing to give up. Guess what! I finally made it. I found the perfect balance of ingredients, which makes the ice cream rich and smooth. I actually ma…

Popsicles- Frozen Icons You Can Make at Home

4. Popsicles- Frozen Icons You Can Make at Home

Remember being a kid in the summertime? Running barefoot through sprinklers while eating popsicles. getting the sticky Popsicle drips all over our feet. wrecking our Mothers. kitchen floors. Sheer Bliss. Today though, most of us moms are handing out popsic…

Pink Flower Berry Patch Pudding Pie - Classic Kid Cool - Quick and Affordable for Mom

5. Pink Flower Berry Patch Pudding Pie – Classic Kid Cool – Quick and Affordable for Mom

No baking, very little measuring and only a few ingredients make this a pleasing dessert for moms and kids alike. This used to be a favorite cooking activity with my students because it was fun, fast and allowed for so much expression of artistic inclinati…

Easy Frozen Cup Cakes

6. Easy Frozen Cup Cakes

MOM IN LAW’S FROZEN CUP CAKES RECIPE I found this heavenly easy frozen cup cakes recipe when I was looking through some cookbooks and came across this unique and different way of making these desserts and they came out great and the family tasted them…

All Natural Strawberry Banana Popsicle

7. All Natural Strawberry Banana Popsicle

Summer is coming, temperatures are rising, and kids are spending more time raiding the freezer for cool, tasty treats. If you are like me, you prefer your little ones shy away from all of the artificial flavorings and preservatives offered in today’s…

Avocado Ice Cream

8. Avocado Ice Cream

When I have read this quest I was very happy because it gives me the opportunity to share with you a recipe I really enjoy. The most important aspect of this recipe is that I make my daughter eat a nutritious snack that otherwise it wouldn’t be possib…

Jigarthanda

9. Jigarthanda

Jigarthanda is a recipe from Madurai. It was introduced by Mughals in ancient India which was carried forward by the Pandya kings. Today this recipe defines Madurai dessert. It is a great frozen drink for hot summer days. The original recipe uses resins fr…

Maya Angelou Remembered on Squidoo

Posted: 30 May 2014 05:52 AM PDT

Upon the news of her passing, we asked the members of our Squidoo Book Club to create new lenses that pay tribute to the brilliant work of Maya Angelou.

Here’s 5 of the lenses we received.

In Person - Maya Angelou

1. In Person – Maya Angelou

I owned several volumes of her poetry. I knew her face from TV appearances. I recognized that unmistakable voice whenever and wherever I heard it. Then, in 2010, my friend Rita and I had an opportunity to hear her, to see this wonderful soul in person. May…

Get a Real and Rare Glimpse into History with the Collected Autobiographies of Maya Angelou

2. Get a Real and Rare Glimpse into History with the Collected Autobiographies of Maya Angelou

Dr. Maya Angelou was born the same year as my Dad – 1928 – which makes her very special to me. At this writing, she passed away on May 28, 2014 at the age of 86. It is impossible to describe her in one word, since she carries many names: “one of the g…

Maya Angelou The Poet

3. Maya Angelou The Poet

Maya Angelou, the poet. Her work, saying and thoughs will live on. I alway enjoyed reading her poems and her books. If you come here looking for her work you have come to the right place. You will find wonderful gifts ideas here for the fans of this loving…

Maya,Phenomenal Woman

4. Maya,Phenomenal Woman

Maya Angelou is a great personality who has inspired people for more than four decades through her literary works and her life style. All I knew about her was that she was born during the period when racial discrimination was at its peak and she was a woma…

Maya Angelou, Caged Bird Sings

5. Maya Angelou, Caged Bird Sings

When I woke up this morning and heard that Maya Angelou passed away, I was so saddened. She was an incredible woman, author, activist, poet, and actress. I remember seeing her on the Cosby Show, and Touched by An Angel, among other guest appearances. Sadly…

Lens of the Day and Top Food Club Lens: My Healthier Candied Pecans or Candied Walnuts Recipe

Posted: 30 May 2014 05:41 AM PDT

walnutsToday’s Lens of the Day, My Healthier Candied Pecans or Candied Walnuts Recipe by lensmaster mschindel was voted “most likely to go viral” by the members of our Food Club.  You can learn all about our fun niche lensmaking clubs by visiting All About Squidoo Clubs.

These delicious nuts can be eaten as a snack or tossed into your favorite salads.  Stop by today to learn more.

Featured below are the top three runners up from the quest.

Visit the Squidoo Food Club Quest lens to see all of our entries.

 

Roasted Asparagus Croissants with Parmesan

1. Roasted Asparagus Croissants with Parmesan

Roasted Asparagus Croissants with Parmesan: So delicious Eight of these little beauties make a wonderful meat- free dinner for the two of us. The combination of the roasted asparagus and the light croissant, with the tang of Parmesan cheese is just, well,…

Serving Loco Moco at a Dinner Party

2. Serving Loco Moco at a Dinner Party

Most people who’ve visited Hawaii has heard and even tried the Loco Moco, which is probably one of the best- known dishes on the islands. It’s truly Hawaiian comfort food and appeals to locals and visitors alike. So what is a Loco Moco anyway? We…

I love Greek Halva, a healthy and delicious lented dessert

3. I love Greek Halva, a healthy and delicious lented dessert

In Greece when we are talking about Halva we mean two different lented, tasty and nutritious desserts. One is made from tahini and we buy it ready from the supermarket. It has a lot of variations. Simple with vanilla flavour, with chocholate, with almonds…

No comments:

Post a Comment