Monday, May 5, 2014

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Lens of the Day: White Bean and Spinach Soft Tacos

Posted: 05 May 2014 05:05 AM PDT

tacosHappy Cinco de Mayo!

Cinco de Mayo is celebrated in Mexico and the “United States as a celebration of Mexican heritage and pride“.  This year, why not celebrate with some healthy options on your party platter.

Stop by today’s Lens of the Day to find a great vegetarian recipe to get you started.

White Bean and Spinach Soft Tacos (not only for May 5th) by lensmaster Merrci is just one of the delicious recipes you’ll find in our Best of Food category.

An Interview with Kelli Ellis: Author of Do I Look Skinny In This House?

Posted: 05 May 2014 04:44 AM PDT

Screen Shot 2014-05-05 at 7.43.02 AMI'm so excited to share a new design book called Do I Look Skinny In This House?: How to Feel Great In Your Home Using Design Psychology by Kelli Ellis today.

Kelli was the featured designer on TLC's Clean Sweep, and did two seasons of HGTVs Takeover my Makeover, Value Booster's, and Move or Improve. In December 2013 Kelli added some holiday sparkle to the homes of Haylie Duff and Lorenzo Lamas for HGTV's Celebrity Holiday Homes. She also runs Design Camp with Lori Dennis, where they mentor interior designers.

Introducing JesseHelton

Posted: 04 May 2014 03:04 PM PDT

Lensmaster JesseHelton on SquidooPlease say hello today to new lensmaster and RocketSquid JesseHelton.

How did you find Squidoo? I found Squidoo through my spirit-driven research on how to make money and get recognition as a wordsmith. I am a freelance writer by trade. Most of the work I’ve done has involved ghost-writing content for websites and eBooks. I never liked giving my content away for a set price, especially when my name didn’t even end up on the final copy! Every time I delivered an article to a client I felt like I was giving a little piece of myself away along with it. I always worked exceptionally hard to perfect my content and please my customers. After pouring my heart and soul into piece after piece, all while having others take credit for my work, I realized that it was high time I found a different avenue of making money as a writer. Finding Squidoo was a blessing! Not only can I write about whatever I want, but I maintain ownership of the content! As if that wasn’t enough, I now use my lensmaster profile as an ever-expanding portfolio to showcase my work.

Of the lenses you’ve made so far, which is your favorite and why? So far my favorite lens is my review of the new Apple Macbook Pro. This was the first lens of mine that got chosen to be in a “best of” category. Getting my lens handpicked and featured gave me a sense of accomplishment and instilled a sense of pride in my work. Since then, I’ve turned my productivity up to full throttle! I want to keep producing content worthy of praise. Squidoo really hit the nail on the head with their method of incentivizing writers. I now plan on making at least 3 high quality lenses a week and intend to continue helping others in the community.

What one tip would you give to a new lensmaster starting out? To those of you just starting out, take full advantage of the RocketSquid program! Do the daily challenges and make lenses about things that interest you. It is a very special privilege to be paid monthly royalties to write on topics you enjoy. Take the squid by the “horns” and start staking your claim in your favorite niche! If you have trouble gaining a consistent viewership while starting out, just stick with it! I’ve noticed that the more lenses I have, the more traffic I get to each individual lens. They seem to act as advertisements for each other, so having a wide array of lenses will improve your average lensrank. Lastly, be active in the community. Share your lenses on the forums and provide feedback to others. Being a lively spirit in the community will garner you respect and admiration, resulting in regular readers. It also gives you the opportunity to give back. Help others out and karma is sure to return the favor.

Many thanks to Jesse for participating in our Squidoo Debut interview series. Be sure to visit his profile page, check out his lenses, and welcome him to the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment