Friday, May 9, 2014

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Introducing HannahRaeSong

Posted: 09 May 2014 06:53 AM PDT

HannahRaeSong lensmaster on SquidooToday’s interview is with new lensmaster and RocketSquid student HannahRaeSong.

How did you find Squidoo? I found Squidoo a while ago when looking for ways to write for websites or magazines. Squidoo seemed particularly brilliant since I would be able to write whatever I liked, and of course there is the added bonus of being able to potentially earn a little money through it, which as a student is definitely an attractive prospect!!

Of the lenses you’ve made so far, which is your favorite and why? My favourite lens so far is actually my “What links Sherlock, coal, the Boar War and Oscar Wilde?” lens, simply because it was great fun to write and has a personal connection to my family as it is about my great-great-grandfather’s collection. It was never anything I expected anyone except me to be interested in, but I published it anyway and was pleasantly surprised when I had people liking and commenting on it! My most popular lens at the moment is the Kate Rusby music review, which I loved writing too because it is a favourite album of mine. I think one of the lovely things about Squidoo is the way the most unusual and unique topics can actually be the best.

What one tip would you give to a new lensmaster starting out? It’s difficult to really think of a one-size-fits-all tip for a new lensmaster, because I think Squidoo is whatever you make of it, and the way you write, and what about, is so individual that my advice probably wouldn’t apply to most other people! However, I guess an important thing for me, something I am still struggling to learn, is to not be too perfectionist and concerned about getting the lens absolutely spot on. Write it, then check it a few times, and when you think it is at a good standard, just click publish….remember you can go back and change it as much as you want! In fact, it’s great to keep it updated regularly, so publish first and then make those tiny finishing touches. My Kate Rusby review was sitting in my works-in-progress section for ages, basically unchanged from when I first sat down to write it. I was still unhappy with it but couldn’t work out what to change, so on impulse I pressed publish, in the hope I might at least get some criticism so I could know where I was going wrong…next thing I knew, it had been given “best-of” status. While it is good to want your work to have a high quality, it doesn’t have to be perfect for people to like it, so just go for it and see!

Many thanks to Hannah for participating in our Squidoo Debut interview series. If you’re new to Squidoo and would like to join us at RocketSquids, simply read more and sign up here.

An Interview with David Stone: Author of The Messes I Made While You Were Waiting For Godot

Posted: 09 May 2014 05:46 AM PDT

Lens of the Day: Cricut-Ideas and Tips

Posted: 09 May 2014 05:39 AM PDT

cricutCalling all scrappers, card makers and paper crafters!

If you’re in the market for, or are lucky enough to already own a Cricut, you’re going to want to pay a visit to today’s Lens of the Day where you’ll find all kinds of great tips and ideas for using this creativity dream machine.

Cricut-Ideas and Tips by lensmaster LindaWhite is one of our Best of Crafts at Squidoo lenses.

Stop by today!

LindaJM is the “Autobiography and Memoir Bookworm” Contributor on Squidoo

Posted: 08 May 2014 01:47 PM PDT

lindajmToday we’re very pleased to introduce you to LindaJM. She’s our "Autobiography and Memoir Bookworm" Contributor on Squidoo.

Tell us a little bit about your niche topic.
My niche is for books about people writing about themselves. Autobiographies are usually written by famous people who want to tell their life stories, so people will have more information on their childhoods up through their present lives. Memoirs are usually written by less prominent people to focus on one aspect of life, one issue, one set of circumstances that others will identify with.

Tell us about the moment you fell in love with your topic. Was it an immediate thing or did it happen over time?
I was asked by one of my children to write a memoir, and so I started reading them. Before long, I was hooked. I love reading memoirs and autobiographies! It is a great way to learn the intimate details of someone else’s life. Nobody can write about an experience nearly so well as the person living through it.

Who had the most influence in your life?
My parents are the most influential people in my life, but if I had to choose just one author – it would have to be Julia Cameron, author of “The Artist’s Way.” Her encouragement for creative people helped set many thousands free of whatever might be holding them back from success. If you want to be creative in any area of life, her books can help overcome any inner resistance encountered.

LindaJM invites you to visit and share a review at her  Review Medical and Health Memoirs on Squidoo lens.

You’ll also find our Autobiography and Memoir Bookworm at the following sites:
Linda Jo Martin: Book Lady and Writer
Memoirs – Reading & Writing Them
The Book Lady Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment