Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


Check Out the Winning Haute Dog Lens (and some of the runners up)

Posted: 10 Jun 2014 10:26 AM PDT

carolinadogCongratulations to GardenHarbor for creating the winning lens and walking away with a copy of the fun cookbook, Haute Dogs by Russell van Kraayenburg , in our recent Hot Dog Recipe lensmaking quest challenge.

Stop by her Sweet ‘N Spicy Carolina Slaw Dog to find a terrific regional hot dog recipe you’re sure to love.

We received quite a few yummy dog lenses for this quest.

Here’s a few more you might like to sink your teeth into this summer.

 

Hawaiian Maple Bacon Slaw Dogs

1. Hawaiian Maple Bacon Slaw Dogs

As soon as the weather gets warm the first thing we do is clean out the BBQ. If it can be put in the oven we cook it on the BBQ. While we don’t eat a lot of hot dogs when we do we like to get creative with them. This is a recipe my family loves and i…

The East-Meets-West Fusion Hot Dog

2. The East-Meets-West Fusion Hot Dog

Did you know that hot dogs are quite popular here in Japan? Of course it’s not always easy trying to find one unless you happen to be at a McDonald’s for breakfast. Yes, they serve the hot dog ( called a McHotDog ) as a breakfast item and ONLY fo…

Hot Dog!  Pups in a Pocket

3. Hot Dog! Pups in a Pocket

Most of us in the United States grew up eating hot dogs, one way or another, didn’t we? We’d eat them raw, dipped in mustard or ketchup, bbq’d, in a bun, or pretty much any way they were served. They always taste like summer to me. But somet…

Hot Dogs for Breakfast

4. Hot Dogs for Breakfast

Hot Dog, Egg and Cheese Breakfast SandwichesThis idea of Hot Dogs for Breakfast comes by way of trying to figure out how to use a lot of leftover hot dogs. Have you ever had a family bbq or children’s birthday party and realized after it was too late…

Lens of the Day: The Best Chemical Free Method Of Ridding Your Yard Of Weeds

Posted: 10 Jun 2014 05:58 AM PDT

weederMany of us who garden are looking for chemical-free ways to make the most of our crops.

Today’s Lens of the Day provides a personal review of one such item.

Stop by The Best Chemical Free Method Of Ridding Your Yard Of Weeds by charlino to learn all about it.

When you’re done reading this great lens, why not create a new lens about an environmental-friendly product that you love?  When you’re done, share the link in the comments here so we can all take a look.

Introducing Charito1962

Posted: 09 Jun 2014 10:27 AM PDT

Lensmaster Charito1962 on SquidooMeet lensmaster and RocketSquid Charito1962, a journalist from Manila, Philippines, who has been creating lenses on Squidoo since November. We’re more than happy to present her responses to our interview questions:

How did you find Squidoo? After leaving the corporate world in October 2013, I decided that I wanted to be my own boss for a while and work from home. I started surfing the Net researching about online jobs. I then came across a Filipino blogger (lensmaster "tencoconuts") who wrote about his moneymaking ways. He mentioned about Squidoo which piqued my interest since I love to write. After taking a look at it, I knew immediately that this was the ideal platform for me to express myself. Thus, I lost no time registering, and since then, it has become an exciting experience producing lenses and getting to know the other lensmasters from other countries.

Of the lenses you've made so far, which is your favorite and why? That would be my lens on How I Found Opus Dei and My Devotion to St. Josemaria. I don't know. I guess I just put all my heart into it while making it.

What one tip would you give to a new lensmaster starting out? I would tell him to move on to the next lens if what he was working on got locked. I would tell him not to be discouraged but to just go on. It's just a matter of persevering and not giving up, because in any endeavour we undertake, we are sure to come up with positive results in the end. We just have to believe in it. No pain, no gain! (That's what it's all about!)

Thanks for participating, Charito!  To our other newbies on Squidoo, want to enroll in RocketSquid University? It’s free and it’s fun! Just fill out this application form.

No comments:

Post a Comment