Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Squidoo HQ

Squidoo HQ


29 Topics, Titles, Writing Prompts and Ideas for Your Next Great Lens

Posted: 08 Jul 2014 06:30 AM PDT

1432985834_3ad866f3d0Sometimes inspiration comes suddenly, like in the famous tale of Archimedes’s bathtub “Eureka!” or Oprah’s concept of “A-ha!” moments.

More often than not, inspiration comes to us when we’re actively looking to be inspired. In recognition of this truth, today I’ve got a list of 29 ideas, titles, topics and subjects designed to help inspire you to create your next masterpiece. You can take any of these and run wild with the ideas that grab you or just read the list and let your imagination guide you somewhere new.

Whatever you do, I wish you all the best of luck and can’t wait to see what you come up with. If an entry on this list inspires a lens, please come back and share the lens in the comments so we can see what you’ve created.

1. My favorite hat ever

2. The best sun protection for my lifestyle

3. I hated this book!

4. How I chose my favorite pet

5. Repair, don’t replace!

6. The moment that changed everything.

7. A weeknight meal for lazy cooks like me.

8. Stay-cations: How I relax at home

9. Saving money by doing it yourself

10. The biggest challenge of my life

11. What I learned when I…

12. Something everyone should know how to do

13. The most useless purchase I’ve ever made

14. What I wish I’d known then

15. How I de-stress

16. Easy drinks for hot summer days

17. My favorite places to learn

18. 10 people who inspire me

19. Books that changed my life

20. Never again!

21. You can do it too

22. My latest obsession

23. The best thing I ever did for myself

24. 5 easy life-hacks

25. Why I’ll never cut corners again

26. A tool I’ll never be without

27. My indulgence

28. Advice from my grandparents

29. A Lazy Sunday

Photo Credit: jakuza via Compfight cc

Lens of the Day: The Desire Map: A Must-Have for Goal-Getters

Posted: 08 Jul 2014 05:54 AM PDT

goalsToday’s Lens of the Day comes to you from our Best of Books category.

If you’re a goal-setter or better yet a goal-getter, don’t miss The Desire Map: A Must-Have for Goal-Getters, a great book review by lensmaster hollymatheson.

Have you read any terrific self-help books lately?

If you have, why not share a personal review on a new lens?  You can try out our Product Review format HERE.  Simply choose your book and start writing.

Post the link in the comments when you’re done so we can all take a look.

 

 

Community Lensmaking Quest: Decorate a Dorm Room for Back to School

Posted: 07 Jul 2014 05:12 PM PDT

3179747964_d84bd4527d_zBelieve it or not, Back to School is right around the corner and now is a good time to create new lenses to help students and their parents find everything they’ll need.

To complete this Community Lensmaking Quest, we’re asking you to personally design a dorm room for a college student.  BUT…  not for just any college student.

We’d like to see your creative ideas that are based around a certain color, or niche topic or design style such as:

Dorm Room Decorating Ideas for Girls Who Love Purple
A Musician’s Dorm Room Retreat
Decorating a Star Wars Themed Dorm Room
A Dorm Room Fit for a Movie Maven
Or maybe even, French Country Dorm Room Decor

Be specific and stay focused on the design idea you choose.  Don’t go crazy with your product choices.  Choose a few key items to concentrate on.  Too many choices could ruin the effect of your page.

If you’ve already decorated a dorm room or two, tell us what you did to make it unique and do share photos if you’ve got them.  If you haven’t yet decorated one, use your imagination and good taste to come up with something someone will love.

I created a quick one to give you an idea of what we’re looking for.  Visit my BOHO Dorm Room Decorating Ideas: Carefree, Casual, Cool and while you’re there please note that I’ve used both of the description areas in my Amazon modules to share ideas and personal statements about the products I’ve featured.   I’ve also added a bit of personal information about why I’ve chosen this theme and shared some useful information about the needs of a college student.  Be creative with your topic choice but do try to add as much helpful information and tips as you can along with your unique decorating ideas.

When your lens is complete, publish it, and share it on Facebook and/or Twitter (add @squidoo and we’ll retweet it for you too) and then be sure to return here and share the link in the comments section below so we can all take a look.

Next week, we’ll grab a handful of your lenses to show off in a special post right here at Squidoo HQ.

Featured Image source

Hang with the cool kids this Summer…Join our Squidoo University!

Posted: 07 Jul 2014 02:59 PM PDT

screen shot 2014-07-07 05:51:57 PMAre you new to Squidoo? Are you looking for a little guidance?

Then join our self-guided Squidoo University. We call it RocketSquids and it’s a lot of fun. Join us for weekly ideas, tips and community. It’s super casual, wear your shorts and hawaiian shirt!

Sign up herehttps://squidoo.wufoo.com/forms/want-to-join-rocketsquids/

See you in the classroom!

Image Credit

What’s the ROI (return on investment) of Social Media?

Posted: 07 Jul 2014 12:13 PM PDT

This is a very interesting slide show from Gary Vaynerchuk. The ROI of social media is all about YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment